Future Comets Program Resources
Welcome, Future Comets!
This page has been created to provide resources and support for students who have been admitted to the Future Comets Program. It will be updated with information about upcoming sessions information and math and learning resources for your students.
Summer Extended Learning Opportunities
- Khan Academy – The Future Comets Program has created a virtual class where students can complete online learning modules for their math class. Students who log the most hours by August 15, 2021 can win prizes.
- DimensionU – Students in Algebra and Geometry can earn points by completing math problems in this online game. The Future Comets Program must assign you a login to use this website. Contact us at [email protected] for more information. Students who earn the most points by August 15, 2021 can win prizes.
Using Microsoft Teams
The Virtual Summer Camp will be held using Microsoft Teams. UT Dallas has sent the parent of every registered student an e-mail with a NETID to login to Microsoft Teams. Please follow these steps to activate your account before your class session.
- Go to http://teams.utdallas.edu to login to Microsoft Teams and to set your Duo two factor authentication. This system helps us protect your identity and create a safe environment for our Future Comets students. You only have to do this the first time you activate your account.
- Download Microsoft Teams to your computer, tablet, or cell phone.
- Open the Microsoft Teams application and login with your [email protected] and password.
If you have problems activating your account or logging into Microsoft Teams, please call the UT Dallas Help Desk or the Department of Community Engagement.
UT Dallas Help Desk
Click here to chat with the Help Desk.
UT Dallas Department of Community Engagement
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Future Comets Saturday Session
Saturday, October 9, 2021, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In-person at UT Dallas (JSOM 2.801)
If you have questions, please contact [email protected] or call (972) 883-4546 for help.
Upcoming Saturday Session Dates
All sessions will be held at UT Dallas from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
September 11, 2021
October 9, 2021
November 13, 2021
December 4, 2021
January 8, 2022
February 19, 2022
March 26, 2022
April 9, 2022
April 23, 2022
Last Updated: July 22, 2021
- Khan Academy – A free online resource where students can revisit math topics already taught from their previous or current courses.
- Desmos – An online graphing calculator that can draw graphs like a typical graphing calculator.
- TI-NspireTM CX CAS Student Software – A computer emulator that allows students to download the TI-NspireTM CX CAS similar to the actual handheld calculators used in the Future Comets Program.
- YouTube – An online media library of teacher-made instructional videos. Students must have a free Google account to subscribe the Future Comets Playlist for updates when videos are uploaded.
For More Information
For more information, please contact [email protected].