Apply for Scholarship
The student must:
- be admitted to the University,
- be an undergraduate student enrolling for the first time at UT Dallas as a full-time student in the fall semester of the application year,
- have a record of academic merit in high school or community college,
- have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale if transferring from community college or another university,
- have financial need as determined by completing a financial aid application (FAFSA or TASFA),
- submit an essay on the topics indicated on the application, and
- submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher/professor or counselor/advisor.
If a student is selected for the program, they must:
UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, admission, and enrollment. For more information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance.
The scholarship application links are located in the Application Links section below.
Please have the following information available while you are completing your application:
- UTD Net-ID (abc123456)
- Basic Personal and Scholarship Information
- Resume (as a PDF or Microsoft Word document)
- Name/e-mail of your professor/teacher or counselor/advisor submitting your recommendation
- Responses to the Essay Prompts:
- Diversity can be defined as differences in race/ethnicity, culture, orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, gender, age, ability, experience and thought. How will you make UT Dallas more diverse? (500 words or less)
- How will this scholarship assist me in obtaining my college degree? Describe any specific financial challenges or extenuating circumstances that will prevent you from completing your degree. (500 words or less)
- Optional: Discuss your short- and long-term (academic and/or non-academic) goals. (250 words or less)
For frequently asked questions about the scholarship, please visit the Scholarship FAQs.
- 2021-2022 Diversity Scholars Program for first time in college students – Application deadline has passed.
- 2021-2022 Diversity Scholars Program for transfer students – Application deadline has passed.
Letter of Recommendation Submission
Please upload a scanned Letter of Recommendation as a Microsoft Word or an Adobe PDF file using the following portal:
2021-2022 scholarship applications must be received by the following deadlines:
- First Time in College Students: February 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
- Transfer Students: April 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Applications received after this date will not be considered. No Late Applications Will Be Accepted.