The goal of this scholarship program is to support student success and timely graduation of UT Dallas students. This scholarship targets undergraduate students who have excelled academically but have unmet need after their financial aid has been awarded. This scholarship can be used to cover education-related expenses, including textbooks, summer classes, housing, and tuition. Students receiving other UT Dallas scholarships will be considered for this program if they have remaining unmet financial need.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The student must:
- Be classified as an undergraduate student at UT Dallas and be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours each semester),
- Have a GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale,
- Have completed a 2021-2022 financial aid application,
- Have been awarded financial aid and have additional unmet need,
- Submit an essay on the topic, “How will the Retention Scholarship assist me in obtaining my college degree?” (Describe any specific challenges or circumstances that will prevent you from completing your degree.)
Students who meet any of the following requirements will be given preference for this scholarship:
- Students currently active in any of the following programs: Diversity Scholars Program, Academic Bridge Program, Undergraduate Success Scholars, Cultural Scholars Program, or First Generation Living Learning Community.
- Students involved in campus organizations that work with the Multicultural Center Student Success Programs or the Young WISE Alumni Chapter.
Scholarships will be disbursed in the following ways (awards will be based on funds available and students can re-apply for this award for multiple semesters):
- Tuition and Fees: Maximum of $2,500 per award
- Residence Hall/Apartment Scholarships: Maximum of $2,500 per award
- Textbook Scholarships: Maximum of $500 per award
- Summer Class scholarships: Ranges from $1,000 to $2,500 per award (must enroll in a minimum of four credit hours during summer term)
Apply here: Fall 2021 Scholarship Application
Awards will be based on funds available and students can re-apply for this award for multiple semesters.
Applications for fall 2021 semester must be received by August 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. No Late Applications Will Be Accepted.
For More Information
For more information, contact [email protected]. Additional UT Dallas scholarship information is available on the Financial Aid Office website.