Diversity Outreach Team
The UT Dallas Diversity Outreach Teams were established to support diversity student recruitment and outreach in the Hispanic and African American communities. The teams consists of current UT Dallas students selected for their academic success, campus involvement, leadership, and desire to serve others.
The Black Outreach Leadership (BOLT) and Hispanic Engagement & Achievement Team (HEAT) focus on assisting prospective students from traditionally underrepresented populations with the following services and programming:
- College preparation and enrollment,
- Conducting outreach to students who have been admitted to the University,
- Hosting presentations in the community about UT Dallas,
- Providing tutoring to middle and high school students,
- Conducting campus visits to promote UT Dallas, and
- Participating in admissions and financial aid nights in the community.
Students who are interested in the program must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled at UT Dallas at least half-time and have been a student at the university for at least one year
- Be classified as a UT Dallas sophomore or higher
- Maintain a UT Dallas cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be engaged on-campus and demonstrate campus involvement
- Must commit to participate on the team for an academic year (fall and spring semester)
- Must have experience working with traditionally underrepresented communities especially Hispanic and African American populations
- Must have reliable transportation
How to Apply
For more information, please contact [email protected] or (972) 883-4546.